Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Dinner

Vday this year for the hubby and me was very relaxingly spent at home. We made a meal together, a puff pastry crust 'pizza-tart' topped with salmon, anchovies, olive paste, black olives, thyme and sautéed onions. We got the recipe from a great cookbook, One Pot French by Jean-Pierre Challet, given to me by the delicious chef that is chez catherine.

After dinner we snacked on strawberries and pineapple for dessert and played flow, (a cool game for the ps3). There aren't a lot of games I like to play, but I really like this one. Oftentimes I am happy to watch when Steve plays something like Metal Gear or Assasin's Creed.

Pictures of the chow:
black olive paste - replaced the traditional cheese n' sauce
voila!
yum! anchovy fillets! I picked out all the bones.
there are the fillets... bones plucked. I am studying the recipe...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:16 PM

    Fantastic looking pissaladiere! I'm so glad that you are enjoying One Pot French...lots of great recipes in there.
    Merci mon chere,
    chez catherine

    ReplyDelete