Thursday, January 17, 2008

Internet Broken Again

Well my internet connection is down again... It hasn't been working for days. So I'm in the public library again to check my mail. Also, I can't find the cable to import photos from my camera to my computer!! I have a still life in progress at home that I wanted to post a photo of, so I took a photo with my cel phone. Therefore, crummy photo quality. It's something at least...


So here it is, a work in progress with acrylics:

So other than painting, I've been doing a bit of yoga, rockclimbing, lots of reading, learning how to light in 3D, life drawing, animating, cooking, wedding dress shopping and lots of cleaning!

I wish I had more time.

Anyway, being unemployed was wicked, it's so great to have the time to get things done around the house/run errands and have some time leftover to do some good stuff. Training at my new job starts on Monday and of course I'm excited, also nervous. I am nervous about having to get up so early every morning to commute to Oakville, I hope I can get my tired butt out of bed early enough 5 times a week.

The vegan thing is going great- I got a couple books on it, one a cookbook; 'How it All Vegan' - see: http://www.amazon.ca/Vegan-Irresistible-Recipes-Animal-Free-Diet/dp/1551520672/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1200611777&sr=8-1. The other night I made mushroom/onion/lentil stuffed squash for dinner and lemon cupcakes with maple icing for dessert, it was too yummy to go get the camera to take a picture. Besides, I can't find that darn cable...

I'm super interested in learning how to sew- I picked up a copy of Sewing for Dummies and found The Workhouse on Queen which rents out sewing machines and gives lessons. The other day walking down Queen street I decided to head into Designer Fabrics- it looks a little 'Parkdale' on the outside... but inside I was surprised by the selection of fabrics.... thousands of samples all kept on little hangers and you go browsing through them, you write down the number they have and ask for those fabrics at the cutting table. More sophisticated than any fabric store I've ever been to before... Then upstairs, they had a bunch of pricy stuff. There is an assortment of fabrics actually locked away behind glass doors! The priciest fabric I could see was $900/yard!!!!!!!!! Anyway, they were beautiful and there are too many things I want to do...

Anyone want their portrait painted?

1 comment:

  1. Im liking the painting andrea! Looks rad! I want my portrait painted but Im fidgity and would be a terrible model. See ya tomorrow when your training!

    ReplyDelete