Monday, January 21, 2008

Back to Work

Today was my first day back to work! I got up soooo early and was half an hour early for the Go train. And it was bloody cold outside! Especially with my little running shoes! Anyway I made it to Pipeline and met a bunch of new people, watched some cartoons (Grossology! see: http://www.ytv.com/programming/shows/grossology/) So for the rest of the week I'll be hardcore training on Harmony at Nelvana, which is like, a 20 minute walk from my house. Someone at work was kind enough to offer me a ride home and it looks like I'll be able to commute with him each day.... YAY

It was another inspiring day for me, I was semi sort of dreading going back to work, the idea of my contract lasting a -whole year- and commuting and learning new software, it was so so nice to have free time to DO STUFF on my own, ya know? But I miss working as well and even if I do have to commute, it's not so bad. I actually enjoy getting up early and not wasting the day sleeping. So it's nice to have a job that forces you to not waste the day. It's a great studio, I love it. I'm very excited to be on a great show and learn some new stuff and meet new people... This is a new thing for Pipeline, but very couple weeks someone is going to do a 'lunch n learn' thing, where they give a lesson to anyone who wants to pick up something new, like Marco is doing a painting lesson tomorrow and I'm not happy I have to miss that! Aw well.

I'm excited because I have a new story idea, was thinking I'd hammer out a script first this time, not just try to pump out rough boards, I know that's the way that a lot of awesome story people have done it, at least on features, but I am thinking that maybe for me it will be easier to visualise the story stuff when I have a story to read... I think I will be able to keep the story more tidy this way... My year was encouraged by our animation teacher to build up a story this way but for TV animation as I've experienced it, there's always a script first... Visualise to the story instead of story with visuals for me this time. I think that's better for my brain.

I still can't find my camera cable! I will give it some more time to show up and eventually I may just have to get a new one... if I can...

Yesterday Stephen made saffron bread with blueberries... It was super yummy. He picked up a book on breadmaking and is all into it right now. I ended up picking up the sequel to 'How it all Vegan' which is 'The Garden of Vegan'. I adore the recipes and ideas in those books...

I just watched the Transformers movie a couple days ago, I was kinda dreading watching it... I didn't let Sean drag me to the theater in the summer in Vancouver- the trailor made it look so freaking cheesy... And it's a bit hard to stomach for the first 15 minutes or so, but the animation is gorgeous and the Transformers (the characters) are pretty fun... The effects are incredible and watching all the special features on the DVD makes you wanna watch the movie again, and really appreciate it. It's the kind of movie that is boggling as to the fact that it even got -finished- there was so much work put into it! I think the ending fell pretty flat... It was kinda silly... All the 'hacking the system' and how every female character is hot as hell and 'ohmigod call the President' stuff is bad, but overall the film is still very enjoyable. Hey, if you like jawdropping effects, you should also be sure to watch the new Superman movie...

I wish I had a picture to post :(
I hate posting only text...

2 comments:

  1. Howdy Andrea! Glad your first day went so well, the studio sounds awesome! And good for you if you can get a driving buddy! That should make monday mornings fly much smoother :)
    Dr Sketchy is actually a biweekly thing, so they'll have their next session next monday (unless they're doing the art show instead, in which case it'll be the next NEXT next monday, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah work was pretty good... Adam, Rowland, Marco and Ji Un are there... Nathan will be joining us and Kelly from Steve's year... Maybe we will have some fun parties or something and then you can visit! I wanted to crash the CORE Christmas party this year :( It was so much fun last time! I didn't realise Dr. Sketchy's was bi-weekly! But that's cool, then I should be able to be there next week! I kinda miss the nude stuff though, needing/craving the anatomy ...

    ReplyDelete