Sunday, October 28, 2007

blah in Vancouver

I am finding the idea of planning a wedding to be almost as insane as my current roomate. I've got a killer headache this weekend so I'm cooped up in the apartment deciding whether to watch more music videos on youtube, look at wedding gowns online, to take another nap, to eat or do some work... It's kinda been me bouncing back and forth from these options since Friday, I ended up taking Friday off, headache was waaay to horrible for me to go to work...

Being engaged is kinda strange... it feels like it becomes a whole part of your identity and everyone talks about it (not that I don't want to) but.... It's like being a student and everytime you see someone you haven't caught up with in a little while they say 'so how's school going?' and now it's 'let me see the ring' or 'where are you getting married' and I'm sure that these questions will eventually stop getting asked, but then it will be some other wedding question... and then it will be 'how's married life'..... No one has to stop asking the questions, that's not what I'm saying! it's just.... interesting to get used to....... To suddenly have this new 'status' or to be at a different stage of life in a day... I went to school for 16 years and half a year of kindergarten.... (I quit kindergarden `cuz I didn`t like it) Must be crAzy when you get pregnant....

I found a spot for grooms and groomsmen to blog about wedding planning at the knot.com, it's pretty damn funny.... I found one blogger named drewlloyd, he descibes the purpose of his blog as "I am married (with the Knot's help) and want you to know how ridiculous planning our wedding was." His interests are basketball, not planning weddings, television, travel and writing. Here's his blog: http://community.theknot.com/cs/ks/blogs/drewlloyd/default.aspx. Reading from a guy's perspective the idea of attending a wedding show or purchasing the invites is a scream... I also love (click the 'Brangelina' link on the left column) the entry he writes about inviting Brad and Jen to his wedding.

I am very excited to marry Stephen of course, I love him, but it's nice to read about other people's wedding planning experiences and find humour in it all...... I think the biggest thing is money - paying for it..... It feels like there shouldn't be a price tag on love so- does that mean splurge crazy or just forget the expences? I already understand it - to have 'your special day' and splurge on the things you care about (i.e. the dress) and to make it work between yourselves....

but then you get talking about it with crazy roomate lady and she says that for her $2000 on a dress is ridiculous even though it might be fine for me, and then I'm just- like- well what the hell? AM I insane? Don't make me feel ridiculous for doing what I want!!


argh



Here is a car I saw walking home one night, it`s covered in toy cars. Like Barbie dolls, plastic lunchboxes, action figures..... COVERED.... There`s another car that parks outside Atomic often and it`s covered in blue faux fur. I can`t find the pic I took of that one right now.....

back to my list of to do

No comments:

Post a Comment