Sunday, June 03, 2007

Hanging out in the V-Dot

Got out The Red Room last night with Lih and Mina to see Menomenah.... Menomenah was really good too, I loved their music... Hey Dan, I was wishing you could be there, I bet you would have liked the music. I took some videos of them and I'll have to see if they sound ok...

I've been exploring Vancouver the past couple weeks, I found a spot on Main street that I love... There's a clothing store there called Ark that I found with Lih last weekend and since went back twice... They had a massive sale yesterday so I had to go back.... Then a couple doors down is Burcu's Angels, a fucking awesome vintage clothing place... I needed some stuff for my Cartoonpalooza costume and when someone started to help me look for items I felt a little embarassed to tell them what I needed was for a costume... But she (Alicia) was so excited to help me, I realised that that is exactly what they are all about there, dressing up!!! It's like Halloween everyday. I loves it. Cartoonpalooza is this Thursday the 7th and it's Japanese themed dress up.... Caesar and I ran all around town looking to rent the disc of the Simpsons with the Mr. Sparkle ad to put in a show of Japanese themed clips to show there.... My costume is really coming together too, I am going to go as Sailor Moon..... I am so excited! I was especially excited about some white high heeled boots I picked up, only to realise when I got home that Sailor Moons boots are red. Gawdammit........
There's one more store in the area I luvv, called The Petri Dish. Morbid but cute local art.... They have a lot of cool stuff, I really like the Booby Dolls and the pins the best. Their site: http://www.thepetridish.ca/

On Wednesday I made it out to Revolution with Casesar and Justin and crew, to see some of Caesars DJ friends. It was a wicked show but after a couple hours it got so packed and all the boys there flailed their elbows fucking everywhere as they all shoved past.... Geeze..... Caesar was great tho, slapping the tables to the beat of the music and losing his mind at every track change... Taking photos of EVERYTHING. I am going to try and bring my camera around more often.... It seems a pain to carry, but I often wish I had it....

The sexy stage at The Red Room The sexy bar at The Red RoomHere's a weird one of me..... it was dark so it was weird to take photos

Here I tried to get a group shot and Mina refuses to not cover her pretty face in photos, (gawd) and Lih is making her feel better by covering up too

The view on the Cambie bridge heading to Main street Further along....
And coming back on Main Street the lovely mountain view. I love all the signs and ugly city crap in front of the mountains, such a clash...


My internet still won't work at my apartment, I honestly wonder if Trish will ever get it fixed..... So I end up heading into coffee shops and I gotta get a coffee and trek out with my laptop everytime I wanna use the net... Kinda foolish... Janice, sorry I couldn't e-mail you yesterday....!!! blarg

And here's the robot of the day!!! You can pick up a replica of him at Ark. I wants one. (I love robots.) I actually have a new film idea that invloves robots..........

No comments:

Post a Comment