Friday, May 11, 2007

In Vancouver... my new home!

Hi everyone! I’m sitting in a café with my laptop in Vancouver, BC right now. I got here Wednesday afternoon and since then I’ve been exploring the city and taking it easy. I just wrote a whole long blog entry and then blogger crapped out on me… I went into Atomic Cartoons for my meet n’ greet session today. Everyone I met was really nice and the studio feels very comfortable. It’s a bit small, it seems like a ‘family’ studio where you get to know everyone and the studio really tries to put out some good stuff. They invited me out tonight to some pub, it’s a wrap up party for another show that’s just coming to an end. So hopefully I can get to meet some people!!

My new roommate is Trish. She’s super nice and she’s really helped me to feel comfortable in my new home. She shows me around the neighbourhood. Her apartment is furnished with all her stuff, it’s not like Ikea furniture, it’s all the stuff she’s collected over the years, so there’s a lot of stuff around, and some of the furniture is antique looking type stuff… Cool old chairs and plush couches.. She think I look like Jennifer Love Hewitt which is kinda funny… She loves walking around and she spends a lot of time with her dog Teddy.

On the first day I was here I went kinda crazy taking photos of everything so a bunch of my photos look kinda blue as the sun was setting… Here are some snaps:


Here's a view of my apartment at dusk (above). It's surrounded by trees, flower and plants, just like all of Vancouver is... It's like a huge garden everywhere! The apt is next to Stanley park and a roller blading path along the ocean is a 2 minute walk away...

When I step out of the lobby, this is the house I see. There isn't a road dividing us, but a stone walkway just for pedestrians. Most of the area I live in is residential, a lot of funky apartments, condos and houses...

Here's a shot of my bedroom

And another snap

Kinda dark photo... but here's the living room

le room de dining

From the living room window to the left you see this view, complete with mountains in the background..... it's looks nicer when you're actually there I think...And from the same window to the right.... you can see the water... The skate path is that way

I'll post more Vancouver stuff later. But for now, have a look at the wrapping paper I made for the gift I gave Stephen on his birthday!
The front says: The David Boreanaz Spiderman Special Fantasy Collection. He likes the show Angel and since it ended and we've watched all the episodes I got him something else to go it it's place, the first season of Bones (another show with David in it) And I found a cool retro Spiderman birthday card and got him tix to see Spidy in Imax. I think the wrapping paper was a little more embarassing than intended but that's ok. I left him behind in the T-Dot and won't get to see him for 6 months! Or any on else I know for that matter though my mom is supermega excited to visit me and maybe Andrew too.....

No comments:

Post a Comment